1. hold a CPCS Blue Competent Operator Card for the category which is within five years of the expiry date
2. pass the relevant CITB Health, safety and environment test within the last two years
3. pass the CPCS Renewal test for each category held
4. demonstrated on-going practical operating experience through a choice of routes:
Logbook (more information available on our website: www.citb.co.uk/cpcslogbook)
CPCS Practical test
SVQ or NVQ.
Where SVQ or NVQ units relevant to a category being renewed have been achieved within the previous two years of the renewal date, the logbook or On-Site Assessment does not need to be undertaken in order to renew that category. Furthermore for this concession, the grouping of categories for NVQ and SVQ purposes does not apply.
* Categories added to an existing competent card within the previous two years of the card’s life are exempt from taking
the renewal test for that category only. All remaining categories must meet the renewal criteria.
* The CPCS renewal test may be taken up to two years prior to card expiry, but the renewed card can only be applied for
up to six months prior to the renewal date.
Further detailed information regarding the renewal criteria can be found within the CPCS Scheme Booklet for Operators and can be downloaded from www.citb.co.uk/cpcs
If you are unsure of which categories are currently held or if exemptions apply, please contact the CPCS Helpline on 0844 815 7274.